Larry D. Lamson
Calvert County Lawyer Serving Southern Maryland
Larry D. Lamson has over four decades of experience in serving the legal needs of Maryland. Mr. Lamson was admitted to the Maryland State Bar in 1972 and went on to serve as the law clerk for the Honorable Perry G. Bowen.
In 1973, he served as the Assistant to the State's Attorney for Calvert County until 1975. After several years in private practice, in 1978, Mr. Lamson was elected as the State's Attorney for Calvert County Maryland.
In 1979, Mr. Lamson was appointed as Judge, District Court of Maryland for Calvert County, where he presided over thousands of DUI/DWI, criminal, and civil cases. As a District Court Judge, Mr. Lamson was the first judge on the east coast to court order breath ignition interlock systems. In addition, he:
- Started Project Graduation in Calvert County, Maryland, which provides county high school students with a drug and alcohol-free option for post-graduation celebrations.
- Passed legislation to allow the entry of a probation before judgment in the 4th District, while still retaining the right to impose some period of confinement.
- Hired a full-time court psychologist for the District Court.
- Created a Community Service Program for offenders.
Mr. Lamson retired as Administrative Judge for 4th District (Calvert, Charles & St. Mary's counties) in 1990, at which time he established the Lamson Law practice, which handled DWI/DUI, criminal defense, and personal injury cases.
In 1996, he became "Certified in Standard Field Sobriety Testing."
In his legal tenure, Mr. Lamson has either presided over, defended or prosecuted more than 6,000 DWI/DUI cases.
Mr. Lamson received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Nebraska in 1971.
- Maryland State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland Criminal Trial Lawyers Association
- Calvert County Bar Association
Mr. Lamson is married to Francine and has two sons and a stepdaughter. Mr. Lamson is the proud grandfather of three grandchildren. In his free time, Mr. Lamson enjoys motorcyles and spending time with his family.